Before I tried this out, I was honestly not expecting the recipe to come out well. I love gingerbread cookies but I have never baked them and could only remember the flavour profile. So it was to my amazement that it all worked out for this oats. It was sweet, very fragrant, and had the right kick to it. This will definitely be a favourite for this fall and holiday season
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2.25 cups of water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- For stove top
- Overnight Oats
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the jar and mix it very thoroughly to make sure that the spices have made their way through the entire mixture of oats
- Then add the water, cover the jar and leave it overnight
- Take out of the fridge the next day and pop it in the microwave for a creamy porridge on the go. I love warm porridge especially on a cold day so definitely try it warm
- For Baked oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients into a bowl and bake the oats for around 35 minutes till the oats crisp up at the top.
- Take the oats out and let it rest and cool.
- As usual, you can always put this into cupcake tins for breakfast on the go.
I served this with the date covered almonds and some shredded coconut and it was divine. You can definitely add a little more coconut and try with a sprinkle of cinnamon or better cinnamon sugar.