So quick lunch three is a lazy man’s burrito. I generally cook a large batch of rice early in the week and literally eat it with everything. You can always use frozen veggies or left over veggies, but i find that fresh veggies give a nice crunch and create for less of a mushy burrito, ya feel? Anyway, this is a great lunch and can be made quickly and taken on the go, or as usual made in bulk and eaten cold.
- 1.5 cup of rice
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 onion finely chopped into semi circles
- 1/4 cup of button mushrooms
- Spinach or lettuce
- 2 large tortillas ( I used Food for Life’s Brown Rice tortilla because whole wheat/corn flour tortilla’s don’t sit well with me)
- juice of half a lemon
- Optional: Ketchup and/or sriracha
- In a bowl combine all the veggies, lemon juice, and rice except for the spinach and hummus.
- Warm up the tortilla on a non stick pan or in the microwave for a minute.
- To assemble the burrito, spread the hummus on the tortilla and then layer the spinach and then half of the rice and veggie mixture on top
- I put all my add ins on one side of the tortilla and then roll to the other side of the tortilla. The key is to not over stuff your tortilla and leave about an inch between the stuffing and the edges from the sides of the burrito
- After it is rolled, I lightly toast it in the skillet to seal it.
- Serve with some veggies or a salad, I generally eat it with a ton of carrots or some leftover rice and veggies if it does not fit in the tortilla.