The last of all the baked recipes: banana bread. I have been holding on to this recipe because I had some changes I wanted to make to make it perfect. But as you know it will be just like the others knowing my limited baking skills, but tasty nevertheless. This recipe can also be used to make about 10 small muffins.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- Vegan chocolate chips/ carob chips.
- Banana sliced through the middle for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Blend the bananas in a blender with the spices and vanilla extract till smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- Then combine the banana mixture and dry ingredients and fold till everything is well mixed
- Lay parchment paper at the bottom of the loaf pan and grease the edges
- Pour the mixture into loaf pan, and decorate with slice of banana
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. To check if ready poke a toothpick through the bread and pull out making sure there is no batter on the stick.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes in the fridge, then remove from pan, slice and enjoy.