It’s back to school season and as a student I know how annoying it is to spend time and money to make food for school, especially when you want it to be cheap and healthy. So I came up with three fantastic recipes that are tasty for a 2$ budget. Each recipe has few ingredients, packed with nutrition and can last you a week of lunch meals.
Each of these recipes are for one serving but you can get up to 4 more servings of food to last you from Monday to Friday.
Total cost for this meal was 1.32$
- 1/2 cup white rice-dry
- 1/3 cup canned olives sliced
- 1/4 cup green leafs of spring onions
- 1/4 cup canned corn
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices (I used a blend of spices I already had available and it was salt free)
- 3/4 cup 6-beans blend (Selection Brand in Canada but Unico Also has a version)
- Cook the rice according to instructions on package
- For all the canned ingredients, drain and rinse in a colander. This removes excess salt and preservatives
- Slice the olives and finely chop the green part of the spring onion. Save the bulbs for the Corn & Black Bean Chilli Recipe
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and mix in the spices
- You can store this for school or work lunch