Last of three recipes under two dollars! This black bean and corn chilli is incredibly filling and such a great lunch option. Beans and rice provide all essential amino acids and corn is high in fibre. Add this cheap meal to your lunch prep and you will thank me later.
Each of these recipes are for one serving but you can get up to 4 more servings of food to last you from Monday to Friday.
Total cost of this meal: $1
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup canned corn
- 1/2 tomato sauce (I used a tomato sauce with basil)
- 1/4 water
- 1/2 cup rice dry
- 1/4 tsp David’s Dry Rub Spice blend (you can use any spice blend you have available to you)
- The bulb of one spring onion-chopped finely
- Cook the rice according to the instructions
- In a pot at medium heat add a tsp of water and sauté the onions till soft
- When soft add the onions, tomato sauce, corn, spices, beans and water and let that simmer at medium heat for 5-7mins till you get a thick chilli
- When the chilli is thick serve it with the rice and save for lunch the next day!