Another cheap recipe that can save you some coins and time for lunch. This tomato rice is a spin of Spanish tomato rice with a few ingredients. It is absolutely tasty and has all the essential amino acids you will need. Give this a try and let me know what you think 🙂
Each of these recipes are for one serving but you can get up to 4 more servings of food to last you from Monday to Friday.
Total Cost: 1.32$
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup of water (Note: The amount of tomato sauce and water total the recommended amount of liquid to cook the rice as written on the package. So I will recommend substituting 1/2 cup of water with tomato sauce for whatever rice you are cooking)
- 1/2 tsp of David’s Dry Rub Spice Blend (you can use any blend of spices you have available to you)
- 1/2 cup of kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers
- In a pot at medium-low heat, add the tomato sauce, water, spices and rice.
- When there is no more visible water puddles but the rice is still not ready, cover with a wet paper towel to keep the moisture in the pot and cook the rice evenly
- Check on the rice periodically to make sure it is not burning
- When the rice is ready, add the beans and peppers and mix well to warm up all the added ingredients.
- When it is ready you can put it in a tupperware container and leave for lunch the next day