Today’s recipe is so easy, you can make it with your eyes closed. I have been absolutely loving adding jams to my oatmeals and deserts, and honestly cannot believe I waited this long to make it.
This strawberry chia jam is really quick to prep and can be used all week when stored in the fridge. Plus, the great thing about making your own jam is that you can adjust the sweetness. I prefer mine a little more tart while others may prefer a much sweeter option.
- 3 cups of strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (you can add more or less depending on your preference)
- In a blender, blend the strawberries into a puree. The consistency should almost be like that of a smoothie
- After, pour the puree into a jar or bowl then mix in the the chia seeds, lemon juice and maple syrup. Make sure to mix the mixture well to make sure that the chia seeds do not clump together on one side of the jar/bowl.
- Set the jam aside for 30 minutes and it is ready
- Store in the fridge and enjoy as an additive to oatmeal, or as a spread on toast with some nut butter.