One day my mum had bought a bunch of grains and seeds and was looking to make granola but her first batch unfortunately burned. So I took it upon myself to make some for my mother and it has been a hit at home. It is ready in less than 40 minutes and is the perfect granola for your smoothie bowls and parfaits.
The great thing about this granola is the fact that you can easily mix and match and change. I am all for adjusting recipes to fit your needs and dietary accommodations, which this recipe is perfect for.
Ingredient (1 serving is 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup buckwheat flakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup nuts–I used equal parts pecans and almonds but you can opt to use whatever combination of nuts. Pumpkin seeds and walnuts or mix and match nuts is also a plus.
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 maple syrup (or any sweetener, agave is also a good substitute)
- 1/2 cup dates chopped. I will suggest using dry cooking dates or raisins not medjool or softer dates as softy dates, although delicious, clump together
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat the coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine all your ingredients
- Pour the granola mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 mins
- After mix the granola and bake for another 10 mins.
- Then it is ready. You can store it at room temperature and serve it on your smoothie bowls, top your oatmeal with it and a bowl of plant-based yogurt.
With summer around the corner this is definitely such a great option to have around for fruit parfait and smoothie bowls. My favourite combination is yogurt with the granola, warm berries and baked sweet potato. The parfait with sweet potato sounds strange but it is so good. This granola stores very well on the counter at room temperature for weeks, but it will probably not last that long because it is so delicious