This is a very super quick recipe that I kind of stumbled on as I tried to use up some left overs in my pantry. I wanted to create a twist on my crepes and wanted a gluten free option so the first thing that came to mind was chickpea flour.
Little did I know how much better chickpea flour is as an alternative to regular old all-purpose flour or its healthier cousin the whole wheat flour. One cup alone is packed with about 22g of protein, and is high in both magnesium and iron (which makes sense because chickpeas also pack a punch when it comes to nutrition). It is for sure going to be my alternative when it comes to making flatbreads to complement my meals.
These crepes are so airy and the smell, especially with these extra savoury spices, is incredible! The first time I made these crepes, I actually devoured them so quickly because it was that good. These work well as a side for any savoury sauce such as curries or stir fries.
- Prep Time: ~ 5 mins
- Cook Time: ~ 10-15 mins
- Serving Size: makes 8 crepes
- Nutrition Per crepe: 46 cals, 6.9g carbs, 2.6g protein, 0.8g fat
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all you dry ingredients in a bowl then whisk in the water
- If you have a high speed blender, I will actually recommend blending the ingredients together to ensure the batter is nice and smooth
- Heat up a non stick pan till hot and fry the crepes. My pan was small so I portioned out each crepe by using 1/4 cup of batter for each but the amount of batter you use per crepe is all dependent on how big you want the crepes to be
If you want to save this recipe for later, make sure to pin it!